Digi Cam Experiance

Discussion in 'macOS' started by superted666, Oct 30, 2005.

1. superted666 Guest

superted666

Just bought a new slimline Sony DSC-T7 and hooked it up to my mac to see how well it works.

Plugged in the cable and up poped i photo with my photos in seconds!
    great i thought had a little play with them in iphoto and in photoshop - great no problems.

on a high i thought id plug it in my work laptop (new fuj centrino running xp sp2)

I heard the xp machine mak that noise it does when you plug a usb device in... waited nothing.

So opend "my computer" and looked and i could see it as a removable device so i opened it up and i could see the folders containing the images but i didnt want to use the device like a another folder i wanted more (what my mac can give me) so i searched my camera box and found a cd.

Installed it (had to restart my machine :mad: ) .....

It installed around five different shortcut folders under the start menu so i trawled through and found the picture/video viewer. it has the ability to view photos only and thats it ... no adjustments or anything.

Annoyed i uninstalled the software and the pc is never to see my camera again!

I hope vista takes a page out of apples book.

Rant over :rolleyes:

2. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Vista will still be microsoft crap.

3. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

Ah, another one of the many joys of using a Mac. I love how easy it is to use my hardware with my computer, you just plug it in and it works. My windows computer is similarly annoying. If I decide to plug my digital camera into my other computer, it takes me through a "wizard" that doesn't ever work that well. Printing is a nightmare and burning to CD isn't streamlined. Plus, I don't really get a chance to look at the meta data for the photos, and searching is ridiculous. iPhoto just does everything, and is so easy to use.

4. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Microsoft has taken my childhood imagination of a cool wizard and made it something completely useless. :)