digital camera: 2/3MP, under $250

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jxyama, Nov 20, 2003.

1. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    guys and gals,

i know there's been a lot of threads asking for rec's on digital camera, but bear with me...

i'm buying a digital camera for my parents for the holidays. as they will not be a power user, i want one meeting the following criteria, in a rough order of importance.

1) 2 or 3 megapixels (they won't take anything more than 4x6 and i'd rather keep the images small so they won't fill up the HD)

2) $250 or less, including a set of rechargeable batteries if none included.

3) CF preferred, because i have some extras.

4) modest movie mode with sound

5) at least 2x optical zoom

6) small profile or large screen (my parents' eyes aren't the best)

canon powershot s200 used to meet all of the above, but it's been discontinued. nikon coolpix 2100 is close, except for #4. any other recommendations?
  2. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Dec 14, 2001
    U have a fuji A303 camera with a 256mb XD memory card (plus two extra 16mb XD cards, these cards are extremely expensive), rechargible batteries, recharger, and a nice leather case, plus a brand new cleaning kit. I have the original box too :) If you make me a fair offer for it, its yours (i'll post it on ebay, and send you the item number with a buy it now price of whatever we agree upon, or we can do it with COD (Cash on delivery). I am hoping for $250.for the whole package, but I would settle for a little less. I could let the camera go with everything listed above minus the XD memory card for $200 shipped.
  3. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Dec 14, 2001