Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey all,
Today I bought a cheap digital camera, the inves DG3120 3.2MP. I brought it home opened the packaging and to my dismay I remebered I forgot to check if it was mac compatible, I look on the box and it says windows 98, 2000 and XP nothing about mac, so I take a few pics and connect it to my ibook and iphoto doesnt do anything, I mean usually when you plug in the camera into the USB iphoto imports the picture, with this camera nothing, it doesnt do anything. Is there anyway to make this camera work with OSX 10.4.2 oh and it also came with a CD of windows drivers.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
It has 16MB built in and a 256MB secure digital removable card, how much would a card reader cost and is it gauranteed to work with my ibook even thought the camera is windows only?
Any ideas to get the camera working with iphoto?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Patmian212 said:
It has 16MB built in and a 256MB secure digital removable card, how much would a card reader cost and is it gauranteed to work with my ibook even thought the camera is windows only?
Any ideas to get the camera working with iphoto?

Just get a card reader, you should have no problems.

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
Make sure to get one with USB 2.0 so that it's a bit faster at transferring your pictures.
Also, look for something that's somewhat small-sized; that way it's portable with your iBook.

Good luck!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Two things to try:

When you plug it in, does it show up on the *desktop*? If so, you can just copy photos off of it.

When you plug it in, does the program Image Capture in your apps folder recognize it?

If not, then as previously suggested, you probably will have to go with a card reader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.