Digital Camera Won't Mount

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adk, Feb 23, 2006.

1. adk macrumors 68000

adk

When I plug in my digital camera, Iphoto opens to import, but the camera doesn't mount on my desktop. I know there's a way to do this. Any Ideas?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It does depend on the camera. Some cameras just don't show as drives.

If you're asking because you wan to be able to drag selected pictures off rather than using iPhoto to get everything, consider using Image Capture where you can choose to download some images and pick and choose. Image Capture's Preferences will allow you to stop iPhoto opening when you plug your camera in.

3. adk thread starter macrumors 68000

adk

ok. Yeah, that's what I wanted to do. The model in question is a Canon Elph SD10, anybody else have trouble with canons? I'd think it would work since canon doesn't exactly make POS cameras.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I have a Canon SD410 and it's never mounted on the Desktop. I've never expected it to. My mother has an earlier Canon (300something maybe) and it's never mounted on the Desktop. AFAIK, that's not a common thing to see from the camera's flash drive unless you're using a flash drive mounting device or a DV camera that takes pictures.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My Canon S30 didn't mount on the Mac as a drive either. My newer Fuji F10 does mount as a drive although is a little fussier about making sure it is properly ejected too.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

my canon doesnt mount as a drive either.....and I don't consider that to be a problem or evidence that it's a POS either, just that canon has set it up differently.....I've always used Image Capture for transferring the pictures. it does allow you to download only some of the images if you that's what you want

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I didn't even think Digi cams mounted at all.....

I use image capture instead of iPhoto to import, it's the long way around, but iPhoto's too wacky with the way it organizes into "rolls"