Digital cameras

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Sabenth, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Ok its my turn today to fill up the joint with questions that are probally burried around here some place .

My new questions is regarding digital cameras maily kodak cameras.

We currently have a kodak easy share dx4330 with easy share dock now ive looked at applewww.apple.com.au and the closet ive got to seening that our camra is usebale on the mac is the next camera down. basicly i just want to know if our camera will be ok with mac osx its a dumb question but i bought a scanner not so long back and was ashored it would work fine with linux and did oh no dont even go there....

so if anyone has bought and uses the above mentioned camera model can you say yes or no if it works ok

thanks Sabenth

2. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    return the kodak and get a canon camera. multitudes better.

3. bikeboy macrumors newbie

re Digital Cameras

Even if your particular Kodak isn't listed on Apple's iPhoto compatibility page (http://www.apple.com/iphoto/compatibility/camera.html) it doesn't mean that you won't be able to process images. As far as I can tell, the only problem might be that iPhoto might not recognize your camera and as a result won't be able to automatically download from your camera.

Best of luck

PS if you can afford to upgrade, the Nikon Coolpix 4500 is an excellent choice.

4. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Yeah, Canons are much better than Kodaks. Nikons are even better (the prosumer ones anyway). A real camera from a real camera company.

Anyway, what I suggest is trying the Kodak if it's already open. My card reader from Microtech is not mentioned anywhere on Apple's site, but it works fine with Image Capture and iPhoto. All it needed was drivers from Microtech's site. If the camera doesn't work right out of the box, look on Kodak's site for drivers.

Hope this helped.

5. Sabenth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Thanks guys quick response to what is bascily a stupied questions but never the less thanks.

I have to stick with the kodak model at the moment i am not a pro i just take photos of my daughter to be sent over to the uk long story i moved from the uk to australia my family is in the uk bought the kodak because It was costing a fortuine to get developed and then ship photos over seas so thanks to the www i now do everyting at low cost and more efficiently

Just on the point of cannon and nikon whats the big diffrance between them.. and what is exsaclty wrong with kodak ive found no problem with this camera at all mind you i am not taking photos of glama proportions...

6. austincpy macrumors member

i just have a Canon (S100) and it seems to me that Canon's have really good quality pictures, but the Nikon's i've used are pretty good too, so the main difference is probably by model, and how you feel with the camera
    Get a cheap (cost) Canon!
    Best of luck,
    Chase

7. Bear macrumors G3

Actually your solution is simple get a USB or Firewire base reader for the memory card the Kodak camera uses. I bellieve the Kodak uses CompactFlash.

Your Mac should be able to read tghe images fine directly off the CompactFlash even if it doesn't support downloading from the camera.

8. Sabenth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

thanks guys I have an easy option take the camera into an apple store plug it in and go hey presto it works or hey no it dont well be buying somthing that dose.. as for the memory card trick well that should work fine i think its a kodak memory stick its tiny though a reall small thing.. but ive seen readers that can take them so i should be ok..

9. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

They're really cool about letting you plug your digital camera into the computers at Apple Stores. I was on vacation in Las Vegas and I was running low on memmory so when I went by the Apple Store I asked if I could upload some of my pics to my .Mac account and they said it would be fine. Well it turns out that there internet connection at the store was frelled so it I couldn't do it anyway but they were really cool about it.