Digital display dazzles London

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Oct 6, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

not seen it yet... but this is what the GMI on the side of Home could/should have been....

reminds me of the innovative interactive shop windows that Tomato Interactive and Rom and Son produce....

goodstuff!

itchy fingers here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3161340.stm

others, full story below...

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

It's bloody impressive Gav, the only trouble is that I probably won't be able to get one in my living room;)

It makes the other stuff in Pickawilly Circus look very tawdry.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

time to build that extension me thinks then.... or atleast try and bend it in, and go for that IMAX look... heh-heh!!

I really love the idea of this.... the ability to have motion graphics, animated sequences etc etc, is an unanswerable boon, especially in a place like Piccadilly Circus... imagine if Times Square in NYC had one, Union Square in San-Francisco, in Tokyo etc etc... and they were all interlinked....I't really go someway to making the world feel smaller.... :)

It's also like the idea of XTP that was supposed to happen on the Tube, that would have been really cool as well.... I was supposed to be working on that.

London really really needs to be pushing this kind of stuff.... the creativity and diversity in our city should be reflected in the use of technology to enhance our day to day lives.....

I quite like the big video screen at Euston as well.... it's a shame that they do go into alittle more detail though with their news items (from BBC online) considering how long you can be stood on platforms waiting for a delayed train!!

rad.

5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Oh so its possible to hack this display also... great news. Why not just role out the redcarpet?

I do need to get back to London..
    :(