Digital music revenues set to soar, says Sony BMG

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. MacBytes
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors bot

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2003
  2. bigandy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

    bigandy

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2004
    Location:
    Murka
    #2
    and in other news, a new study has proven macrumors is a website.

    come on, is this really news?
     
  3. Passante
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

    Passante

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2004
    Location:
    on the sofa
    #3
    Quote from the "article"

    What's more, digital sales and service now account for around 20 percent of the company's digital music division, said Thomas Hesse, president of Global Digital Business at Sony BMG Music Entertainment, in an interview Wednesday at the Digital Music Forum West in Hollywood.


    If Sony's digital music division earns 20% of its earnings from selling digital music what does it do for the remaining 80%???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
     
  4. Bob Knob
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    #4
    That's the division of Sony that makes faulty laptop batteries.
     
  5. winmacguy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

    winmacguy

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2003
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #5
    I posted it, and it paints a bigger picture of the overall revenue of digital downloads outside of Apple so I don't see why not.;)
     

Share This Page