Digital Optical connection help for speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by unce, Oct 25, 2006.

1. unce macrumors member

Aug 15, 2006
    Hi, I'm investing in a macbook pro soon and I own a z-5500 Logitech sound system. I was wondering if someone could give me a link or image of the optical cable i would have to buy in order for me to connect the z5500 to the macbook pro. Thanks.
  2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Jul 1, 2004
    Any digital optical cable should do fine. I'm not sure of the connectors on the Speakers, but the MBP uses a miniPlug TOSLink connector for which adapters should be included in the cable you buy.

This link shows a picture of the connector along with the miniplug adapter (the clear thing next to the cable).

Best Buy or any consumer electronics store should carry them, with limited availability at stores like Wal-Mart, etc. The cable shouldn't run you more than $15-20.

Good luck.
  3. chris y. macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2006
    los angeles, ca
    I recently needed to purchase this same cable and I found the cheapest place to be at The specific cable is the Toslink to Mini Plug or similar to product ID #1572.

Depending on the length you need it should be less than 10 bucks including ship. The place shipped the item same day too so being in the SoCal area I was able to get it next day.