Digital PBX and/or VoIP

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FoxyKaye, Mar 2, 2006.

1. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

Jan 23, 2004
    San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Well, it's moving time for our organization and I'm trying to figure out pros and cons of digital PBX (which is what we currently have) and VoIP for the new phone systems.

Two questions: Anyone know a decent digital PBX company in California, with excellent customer service especially, for a 15-20 line installation?

Also, anyone here using VoIP at work? I'm particularly interested in 10-20 line VoIP installations - how's the quality? Does it deliver or do you long for an analog line?

2. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2004
    We are preparing to install a VoIP system at our company offices withing the next 30 days. The guys here have spent a while researching this, and they are going with an Altigen solution. Works well for us as we have 5 office locations in the southwest. Not sure what you're exactly looking for, but this sytem seems nifty. Give em a look.
  3. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Apr 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    The company I work for has a VoIP system for internal communication, but we interface to an analog line for outgoing calls. We have employees scattered across the country and they connect using VoIP for conference calls, etc. (We're a tech firm so we set up our own Asterisk@Home (open source) setup on a spare linux server. We don't use an outside VoIP firm for anything.)