Digital Pen for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ingenious, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Is there a digital pen that is compatible with OS X? I'm looking for something similar to Logitech's version, but not Wacom. I already have a Graphire3 and I don't like it. I'd like to be able to write on any type of paper and then have it digitized into Word on my PowerBook so I can have copies of my notes and I can search through them with Spotlight!:D

2. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

I'm talking a pen that writes on paper and copies what it writes to the computer... just to make that clear.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

That would be. so. awesome. I. would. buy. one. NOW!

So you mean with ink and everything, but a cord into the computer "transforming" your handwriting into raw text in word (that can be selected, etc.)? That would be really really really cool.

Even if it didn't transform your handwriting, but just made it all into a PNG file, that would be a cool notes backup, however you could just scan your notes too and solve that problem, that would be the same thing.

4. phuong macrumors 6502a

sorry to dig this up.

has anyone tried the i-pen (especially the bluetooth version?)

i don't own any pen-like mouse but i find this product pretty interesting. i could be very useful when taking lecture notes where you have to draw, sketch or write down chemical/mathematical equations.
    the bluetooth version is probably very popular since every store have it out of stock.

its only downside is probably that it don't have real ink like the Logitech digital pen does. (but i heard the Logitech pen requires some kidn of special paper)

5. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Thanks! The i-Pen is about the best solution I've seen so far and it looks like it'd cover almost all of my needs in a pen such as this, but I would prefer one that uses real ink if it didn't have to use special paper...

I'd never seen this before today, though, thanks. :D

6. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Now I'll apologize for bringing this back up....

Anyway, at Macworld this year, a company called Pen-it came out with a digital pen!

You can check it out here.

7. After G macrumors 68000

After G

How similar are digital pens to tablets? Just curious.

8. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

A digital pen writes on paper and then copies what was written (hopefully as OCR-recognized text or pictures) to the computer. A tablet is does the same thing, except (at least in my experience) Ink doesn't seem to be as good as these pens claim to be and you have to have the tablet to write- you lose those tactile and visual cues and it doesn't work as well to do assignments and notes (with a pen you can just hand in the paper you wrote on and then have a copy on the computer, too.).

9. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Anyone spot a website made in iWeb. Really bad choice of fonts.

Then product looks good but i think a tad steep at $299 or $199 with the current offer.

10. Grampa Joe macrumors member

I ordererd one. It appears just what I need. Price at $199 with rebate not too bad considering the alternative. iPen just doesn't fly. When I get it, I'll report on what I think of the Pen-it.

11. karebiz macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

It's a long time after a lot of these posts, but I was so excited to find this that I wanted to share it with all of you.

It's not just a digital pen, but a smart pen. Here is a link to YOUtube and a link to order the pen.

HTML:
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE-mnEdAf7g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DE-mnEdAf7g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>     
    http://bit.ly/07ATGZU

I am going to order one for myself too. It works with MAC or Windows.

If anyone orders it before me, let me know what you think! All the reviews I read looked really good!