Digital Performer 3 workshops?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BigBurd, Jun 10, 2002.

1. BigBurd macrumors member

BigBurd

I'm from western Massachusetts, and looking for workshops/seminars/classes/meetings/etc. for MOTU's Digital Performer 3. I have the software and know nothing about it. (Obviously, I need help.) Can anyone help?

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    you might write tech support at www.motu.com to find out if there are any seminars near you( the site also has a large FAQ data base). also, motu usually has a rep avail. in most territories who can answer your questions-the reps tend to spend a portion of one day a week at the large music stores in each area( the rep here in l.a., ralph, is rude but he will answer your questions....). i think there are also books or videos avail to walk you thru the software-motu can answer this too.

performer is wonderful software-i've used it since 2.4 and its just gotten better and better.

good luck.:)

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Digital Performer is not that complicated, you do not need semminars for it.

Actually is the most friendly midi/audio soft out there.

If you have any specific question write me at: torresjugo@cantv.net

I have been using it for 5 years now.

I do not know every single function, but I have recorded some CD's and I have done tones of sequences with it. I do not know how to use the chunks btw.

The problem with DP is that they (motu) uses too many windows, they designed the interface in a time when having "alota" windows was popular, now is one of the cons if you compare it with Protools.