Digital Picture Frame - limited to 124 pics?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjmaximum, Jan 2, 2007.

1. jjmaximum macrumors member

Bought the wife a nice digital picture frame and a 2Gb flash card for Christmas. I cannot get more than 124 pictures to copy to the card no matter what I do...does the Mac limit the files on the main directory to 124? Is there any way to overcome this limitation? The card is capable of holding over 700 pictures and I would like to utilize the memory I have.

TIA

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why don't you read the documentation for this unnamed brand and model of digital picture frame?

3. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Yeah, I think on page 4 of your flash card's manual it says "Note: OS X will unaccountably fail to work properly with this flash card. And watch out for MisterMe, because he'll ask completely idiotic questions that will make you want to strangle him."

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

No, it's not a Mac limitation - it's something else. Because you haven't given us any other details, we can't know what.

My guess would be that your pictures are too high a resolution (2 MP or so) and you actually have hit the 2 Gb limit. "700 pictures" is a relative measure, depending on the size of the pictures.

5. jjmaximum thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved

The flash card comes formatted for Windows in Fat-16 format. Used disk utility to re-format it in Fat-32 and now I can download as many pics as I want.

Thanks for (some of) the responses.

6. jjmaximum thread starter macrumors member

If you read my post, it was pretty clear it was a problem with the memory card, not the frame...