Digital SLR classes - in Houston?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hoef, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

To get the most out of my camera I was wondering if there are any classes (or companies that organize classes) that you guys might recommend. Ideally I like to have a face to face class in the Houston area (no virtual stuff). I have a rebet XT so specific classes for this camera would be a plus. Thanks for your help (again)

2. lofiunico macrumors newbie

lofiunico

Llu

have you ever looked in one of the Leisure Life Unlimited magazines they have next to newspapers at restaurants. I couldn't vouch for their quality, but they always have really obscure classes. Digital SLR training isn't exactly obscure, but I'm sure someone has a class for that. Alternatively, you might want to run by Camera Co-op on Durham. They guys there are pretty nice and willing to give advice. I'm sure they'd know of a good class.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Have you checked the houston center for photography?

I'm not sure if they have what you're looking for, but you could ask them if there are classes elsewhere in houston if all else fails.

4. Hoef thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hoef

thanks! I'll check out the sources.... I'll also give co-op a call

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

Is it really your DSRL that you need to learn or is it really basic photography, composition, color and art? The best photo classes will have you start with black and white film. I notice that the city here offers several basic photo classes in their adult education classes in the evenings. Don't get hung up on the digital part of it. It is really no different from film

6. Hoef thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Tx ... It's more the camera itself... Interestingly (or ironically) enough, while writing this response, MR shows a nikon school ad on top