Digital Vendetta-esque game for os x?

Discussion in 'Games' started by idkew, Jan 22, 2005.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    I am in a nostalgic mood.

Does anyone know of a game that is like Digital Vendetta that will run in OS X?

If you don't know the game, it is 1/2 player. Both people are immobile cannons which have power and trajectory control. The goal is to lob a projectile at the other person and kill them first.

Very simple, yet very fun. I looked around, bout could not find any references to a OS X version.

2. Flickta macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. I desperately want a game that would be similar in concept to one you mention. But the game I remember was called "Castle", was made for PC, and had two castles with cannons. You had power and trajectory control, but the best thing was original graphics work - every cannonball made dents in terrain, but not like in Worms, - all pixels which were affected by an explosion, went up, and then fell back on terrain, in a different place... It looked extremely real.

There are lots of games of that kind on a Macintosh, but no good ones.
    Still, I'd suggest you try an unfinished (from my point of view) game, originally created for a udevgames contest - Lightning's Shadow by Wolfire software. It has nice graphics, sound and allows online play. Still, there are only three weapons...

3. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Key words: Scorched Earth

I think the original game of this genre, or at least the biggest early one, was called Scorched Earth so you might have better luck looking for clones of that. Two suggestions: there's Dome Wars, an old classic for which there is now an OS X version. Also, if you're willing to monkey around with X11, there's scorched3d. It was a little tricky to get working when I tried it last summer, but the forums were helpful and maybe some things have been ironed out.

4. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

same with d.v. if the cannon was up high on a hill, and you shot below it, you could destroy the cannon by making it fall... man, i miss that simple, but fun game.

5. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

cool, dome wars is close, thanks.