dilemma...pls help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by daxdagr8t, Jun 1, 2004.

1. daxdagr8t macrumors member

Jun 1, 2004
    For the same price what should i get a 12in revc or 15inb rev powerbook ? i want the screen size of the 15in but i also want the power of the revc and portability is not an issue. all of your insights are much appreciated.
  2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    United States
    Is that a 15" Rev. B Pb, I'm assuming? If so then I would get that. If you need the 15" screen size, don't sacrifice, there is hardly any power difference.

3. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2003
    id go with the 12 inch you can get an external monitor later on for more screen
    the additional speed and graphics memory are much needed, though the 15 inch can be upgraded to 2GB of memory

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    15" ALL THE WAY

Go 15" all the way. that little bit of MHz isn't going to make a big difference, but you stare at that screen every time you use the computer. 1.25 vs 1.33? come on, that's nothing.

Lee Tom
  5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    15" for sure~! You stare at that screen every single moment you are at the computer, but you only need a slight speed boost every once and a while. Isn't a few seconds here and there worth the price of getting a much larger screen. Have you sat for a while infront of a 12" screen. The only reason I see to get a 12" is for portability...period. Since that is not an issue here, get the much larger screen.

If you only have one window open all the time and don't multitask, etc, maybe the 12 inch will work...but don't buy without working for a while in front of one (or mask your current computer to show 12" with paper) cause you will regret it if you have not tried one out. It is way small.