Dim dislplay

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MrVegas, Jun 25, 2005.

1. MrVegas macrumors regular

My CTX LCD monitor is attached to my G5 and PC via a KVM switcher. The resolution on the PC is crisp and clear. The resolution on the Mac is dim and washed out. I have tried changing the resolutions on the Mac and they all have the same effect ... dim and washed out. Am I missing something here?

<<I can't afford a cinema dislpay yet!!>>

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It's not the resolution you are concerned about, it could be the colour temperature and display profile your Mac is set to. Macs have a different gamma and white point "temperature" than PC's do.

Go to System Preferences: Displays: Color and do a calibration on the monitor - you'll be surprised how much variation is available.

3. MrVegas thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks CanadaRam .... that solved my dim screen problem when using the Mac. But now I have another problem. My Belkin KVM switch was not working very well so I replaced it with a "ConnectPRo" switch, which enables the keyboard and mouse to work very well between the PC and Mac.

But now, alas, the PC screen is fuzzy, before it was fairly crisp and clear. Any suggestions?