Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Okay guys, I'm hoping one of you is genius enough to help here, because I don't even know where to start diagnosing this problem. :eek:

AIM's Direct Connect feature has never worked for me in Adium. When I receive the dialog to connect directly, I click "connect." No error messages appear; however, my buddy (on Windows AIM) and I do not get connected. So, anyway, I continue to IM my buddy. The IMs show up in the window, but he doesn't actually receive them! Also -- all the IMs I send to him are also appearing in a window from [myscreenname] -- so I'm IMing myself with what I'm actually typing to him! (I hope that makes sense.)

So, what might be the problem? :eek: Any ideas? FWIW, Direct Connect does work properly if I'm using the official Mac AIM client.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
I've never tried doing a direct connect session with Adium. Regardless, I'd suggest going straight to the source with your question:

http://forums.adiumx.com/

The developers all hang out there and answer questions, so maybe they can help.

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
I don't really think that you understood what was going on over there, so I'm gonna help you out a little. Adium is still a beta product and the developers are working furiously on all of these features. Give it time, they will be implemented.

BEN

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
saabmp3 said:
I don't really think that you understood what was going on over there, so I'm gonna help you out a little. Adium is still a beta product and the developers are working furiously on all of these features. Give it time, they will be implemented.

BEN

I'm aware Adium is beta. Since I didn't see anyone else mention this subject, and since the Adium forums only said direct connect was "in development," I didn't know to what extent it was supposed to work (or of course, if it was supposed to work at all).

Anyway, it looks like they in fact know about this issue, so that's good news for everyone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.