Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Music made its worldwide debut in over 100 countries on June 30, with a free three-month trial available for customers to try the streaming music service. Apple requires having a valid payment method associated with your iTunes account to enable the trial, such as a credit card, and both Individual Plan and Family Plan subscriptions are set to automatically renew after the trial. For those that only want to try the Apple Music trial, learn how to turn off automatic renewal below.

Apple-Music-Auto-Renewal1.jpg

How to Disable Automatic Renewal

Tap on the Account icon in the top-left corner of any tab in Apple Music.
Tap on "View Apple ID" and sign into your iTunes Store account.
Tap on "Manage" under the "Subscriptions" menu.
Tap on your Apple Music Membership, which should currently be "Active."
Toggle off "Automatic Renewal" under the "Renewal Options" menu. Confirm the action.

Turning off automatic renewal will enable you to try out Apple Music on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch without the streaming music service renewing after the free three-month trial period expires. To reenable a recurring Apple Music subscription, simply follow the steps above and toggle on automatic renewal again. Your settings will also be applied to the iTunes version of Apple Music on Mac and PC.

Article Link: How to Disable Automatic Subscription Following Apple Music Trial

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Thanks. So far I'll be unsubscribe from from this service. As it stands it is appalling and the UI is a mess. The Apple Music doesn't sync properly with Apple Music on ITunes either. So I can't listen to anything I add on my library.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
It doesn't stop there; the plan selection page shows old buttons as well:

Ooh...retro!
I noticed this as well. I'm really struggling to figure out why something like this would happen. Well more like how this happens.
If I had to guess I would say these pages/elements are being loaded from an external source, rather than being built in to the App itself.

But still, someone should have noticed this and remedied it before launch.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
My thought is that the old-style buttons are part of Apple's plan, making some of the choices more noticeable (by using a different style button).
Judging by this thread, it appears to be working :D

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Glad it's of use to you! Nothing groundbreaking here, but I figured I'd save some people the trouble of having to find it themselves.

Could you write a guide for transitioning to Spotify to Apple Music? IE, I'm not sure when the best time to swap from Spotify to Apple Music to maximize my bang for my buck, or how to even put my Spotify Premium account on hold.

I'm sure others would appreciate knowing how to swap from Pandora, too, although that doesn't personally interest me since I don't pay for it.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
If I had to guess I would say these pages/elements are being loaded from an external source, rather than being built in to the App itself.

But still, someone should have noticed this and remedied it before launch.

Eh, that's a good theory, but it seems a bit more likely that the pre-iOS 7 UI has resurrected and is using some vulnerability in Music to regain power. Once this power is fully realized, the UI will avenge its father, Scott Forstall, by turning Apple users into actual piles of bound leather, felt, and polished wood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.