Disable Firefox printing headers and footers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZildjianKX, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to disable printing them... on a PC it's just under page setup... anyone know how to get it so it won't print the date and URL on the pages?

Many thanks.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try typing "about:config" in the locator bar, and scroll down to printing... see if you cannot double-click and change some settings... ;)

3. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Actually already tried that, I disabled all the print.print_header preferences, but still nada :-/

Not use to a PC being easier to use than a mac...

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You changed all print.print_header* and print.print_footer* to '0' (Edit: of course to "" since its a string :eek:), and restarted Firefox and it still prints headers and footers...??? :confused:

5. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Well, I changed them to blank, but I just changed them to 0, restarted firefox, and still prints them. This is driving me nuts. Using the official 1.02 version that came out today too, and not a nightly build.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'm using 1.0.1 and, it happens to me too... maybe a bug...? Anyone else knows anything about this...?

I sat the print preferences to "", restarted Firefox, just like you, and still:

Attached Files:

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't know how to fix it, but from the "printing" section of the FF help:

:(

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

So, basically, it seems like the header and footer information is hardcoded in the Mac OS X version...? Hmmm... not too good...

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Either that, or it might be embedded in the big string in print.macosx.pagesetup .....

I even tried setting one of them to one of the header/footer codes that was also used in another one of them (&T) but that also did nothing.

10. bentley macrumors 6502

is there no way you can open Safari and print from there?

11. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Someone suggested to change this: print.print_extra_margin but didn't work for me either.

Man, Firefox for mac needs a lot of help.

Here is a nice bug, open the Downloads box, close all open browser windows, and try opening a new browser window, won't let you until you close the download box (which cancels the downlloads if you have any).

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i cant even import bookmarks into firefox, which is really whats keeping me from attempting to use it i mean seriously whenver i open the import wizard it shows the next button, but there are no options!

guess ill keep with Camino for now then, maybe switching back to Safari though

13. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Really? Tried a recent version? That's always worked fine for me, just searching bookmarks always crashes for me.

If they spent a bit more time on the mac version of firefox, it could really be fantastic and polished.

14. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Well, I'm all out of ideas, should we just leave this as a bug?