Disable Internet Access

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eckslusive, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Eckslusive macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2002
    Does anyone know how to disable MS Word (office) X from going to the internet.
  2. pEZ macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2003
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I assume you mean when you type in a web address (http://......) the text comes up as a link.

I can't find a way to turn this off either, I've just learned to live with it. Or rather, I've learned to find alternatives to Word, like Nisus Writer Express.
  3. Eckslusive thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2002
    no i meant, actually disabiling it to access the internet. It goes to the internet without you knowing..i swear..
  4. muddyman macrumors newbie

Jan 19, 2009
    MS office internet validation

Well, i do have the same problem, and i would like to get rid of this problem. If anybody knows howto, please advice.

5. Prekesh macrumors regular

Jan 12, 2009
    Hmm i think you could go to the system pref, look for firewall, and add Word to the list that isn't allowed, i'm not sure if this will work. also, you could get little snitch and block it that way (although i have no idea how that works, i've just heard people talk about blocking ports with it?)

hope i shone some light on your situation, sorry if i didn't im only a noob afterall :(
  6. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Little Snitch

MS Office connects to the web to check for updates only and you can disallow that in preferences. It also checks your local network for anything with the same serial number.
  7. muddyman macrumors newbie

Jan 19, 2009
    OpenOffice is easy.

Well, i was in a bad mood, and uninstalled MSoffice. I downloaded Open Office for mac, and installed it. Everything works fine. I can recommend OpenOffice as a wery good alternative to MSoffice. I have used it for a long time, and it`s free. Give it a chance, and spread the word.