Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Is it possible to have the calendar complication on, but have it say nothing if there are no events that day? Instead of it saying "no upcoming events"? I like the analog face and I have the calendar there...but on weekends I have no events and I disable the calendar complication to get rid of the "no upcoming events"

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I agree it's annoying, and Apple should make it so it switches to a different complication on the fly when there's no event. However, you can always switch to a different face (Simple, etc.) with the less annoying "None" in the corner.

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Is it possible to have the calendar complication on, but have it say nothing if there are no events that day? Instead of it saying "no upcoming events"? I like the analog face and I have the calendar there...but on weekends I have no events and I disable the calendar complication to get rid of the "no upcoming events"

Could you try putting in a recurring, daily event in your calendar late at night (say 11:45) with no text in the title? That way if you have other events that day they will show up no problem, but if you have a day with no events (except this 'blank' event) the watch will display a blank space as that is the next event on the calendar

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Could you try putting in a recurring, daily event in your calendar late at night (say 11:45) with no text in the title? That way if you have other events that day they will show up no problem, but if you have a day with no events (except this 'blank' event) the watch will display a blank space as that is the next event on the calendar

that is a good idea. but i thought about it for a second, and that would be a problem on sudnay, for example. if i go to bed at 10pm, my watch will display nothing bc of the blank event at 1145, instead of notifying me that there is a monday morning meeting at 8am. but thanks for sharing, that is a good manual work around. i need to put in some more thought as to how it can work better for me with these manual entries

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
that is a good idea. but i thought about it for a second, and that would be a problem on sudnay, for example. if i go to bed at 10pm, my watch will display nothing bc of the blank event at 1145, instead of notifying me that there is a monday morning meeting at 8am. but thanks for sharing, that is a good manual work around. i need to put in some more thought as to how it can work better for me with these manual entries

11:45 isn't set in stone and you're supposed to use your own bedtime. Set it late enough so that whatever event(s) happen the next day aren't going to cause you alarm, thinking that it's for later that night.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.