Disable Read Receipts in Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ee99ee, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

Currently, when someone sends me a message with a read receipt request, Entourage somehow automaticly sends the receipt without me ever knowing. I have tested this by sending myself a message w/ read receipt, and I did get a receipt back when I viewed it in Entourage.

How do I totally disable read receipts from being sent? I don't want people to know when I've read their message... if I want them to know, I'll reply.

-Chris

2. Foggy macrumors 6502a

No idea, but I flippin hate it when people put read reciepts on stuff - thankfully Thunderbird asks me if I want to send it - no I bloody dont!!!

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I thought that Entourage didn't implement this, did they add it in some update?

Anyway, here is some stuff about forcing Entourage to send receipts. Maybe you have some forgotten rule that does this?

4. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

Nope, I haven't used any rule to enable it.

Apparently it was turned on in some update, because I *am* able to send a message to myself and as soon as I sync back up to the Exchange server I get a read-receipt.

Thanks,

Chris Miller

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yippee, it's apparently a new "feature" they added that is only active when you use an Exchange swerver.

Gripe thread at Microsoft.

6. kreece123 macrumors newbie