Disabling power save on monitor?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Cooncat, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Cooncat macrumors newbie

hello, this is my first post but i've been lurking here for awhile. I have a samsung 170s 17" LCD monitor, and am running panther. The problem is that the sleep mode (power save they call it) is set to activate after like 5 minutes, and it keeps kicking in in the middle of movies and stuff. I'd like to turn it off or something but I can't figure out how. There is no control in the monitor's menu, and samsung's site doesn't say anything about how to do it in osX. I emailed samsung and they basically told me to talk to apple. I decided i'd try here before I go to the big A. Anyone know how to do this?

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

system prefs/energy saver also try turning off you screen saver in system prefs/desktop&screensaver

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I agree with the post above :D

I always have it turned of because of the same problems you mention Cooncat (cool name BTW), just turn your monitor of with the powerswitch if you are away!

4. Cooncat thread starter macrumors newbie

D'oh!
    thanks guys, I feel really stupid now. I don't know how I didn't see the energy saver preference before. I was looking for it too! I must have had a harder day than I had thought, hehe.

Thanks people