Disabling Quicktime Controls

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Aperture, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi. I'm working on my website and want to include a .mov self playing movie that does not have the Quicktime Controls giving them the option to pause, rewind, etc. This is shown at the Apple Homepage. Can this be done in iWeb?

Thanks, Kevin

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This page has all the foo that can change the appearance of QuickTime movies. The controller attribute is the one you're interested in.

I don't know if iWeb lets you muck around with custom embed tags, but it's easy enough in a conventional editor.

[ edit: I might also mention that the auto-playing movies on the Apple Web site are really wicked super annoying. They give a page that extra special MySpace feel and bog things down. Don't use this unless you really intend for the movie to be intrusive, like for an ad; or if the user would reasonably expect a movie to start playing upon clicking a link. ]

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I opened the HTML version of the page with the movie in TextEdit. What should I look for to find the movie so I can embed the tags?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There is probably an <embed blah blah> tag somewhere. If you could post the URL to a sample of the page you're working on (a sanitized version if you prefer to keep personal info personal), it would be easier to point out what needs to go where.