Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangephoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
is there any way at all turn off the way iTunes automatically reformats or whatever the tracks to get rid of "gaps"?

there are certain songs at the ends of the songs that iTunes deletes.. and the end should be there.. and its really bugging me.. i cant find an answer anywhere.. is there any way of doing this.. thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I could be wrong, but I didn't think iTunes actually deleted anything from your track but merely omitted the end during playback. Have you disabled Crossfade Playback in iTunes' Playback Preferences? :)

orangephoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
yes i always have dissabled crossfade playback..

i just wish that the new "feature" didnt take away from the songs. like my Blue October LP "Foiled" at the end there is a hidden track, the end of the hidden track is deleted thanks to iTunes new "feature"

Ive been looking since it came out for a fix and can't find one.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
orangephoto said:
yes i always have dissabled crossfade playback..
Did you re-do this after upgrading to iTunes 7 (or one of the later minor updates), though?

I found that one of those upgrades had "magically" re-enabled cross fading against my will... ;)

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Command+I a song, go to its Options tab and turn Gapless Album to YES. As to how iTunes handles gapless playback, that is Apple for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.