Disapointed with WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Discussion in 'Games' started by rtdgoldfish, Jan 17, 2007.

1. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I must say, I'm a bit disapointed with WarioWare. It was one of the games I was really looking forward to on the Wii. I loved the ones on the GBA, DS and GC but the Wii version is a bit lacking. First of all, I beat the entire game in 1 hour 59 minutes according to the timer thing in your mailbox. I know its supposed to be a bunch of mini-games but really, the entire single player game done in about 2 hours?? The mini games are a lot of fun and all but once you have beaten them, its kinda boring.

I haven't had any friends over to try the multiplayer as I just got the game but that doesn't look like it will last very long either.

This is the first Nintendo-made game I have purchased in a while that I would say was not worth the $50. :(

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The competative element has me playing it. if I was just playing on my own I probably wouldn't be playing it, maybe even not buying it.

I said it before and I'll say it again - best title song ever :D

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

2 hours of playtime. Blah. That's not enough.

I felt the same way after playing Full Throttle. The game took me about 5 hours to complete. That really annoyed me, since games like Monkey Island 2 took me and my friend weeks to complete.

I still want to try it out though.

<]=)

4. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Oh man, I used to have Monkey Island 2 when I was younger, I couldn't even get the 4 pieces of the map! It wouldn't let me pick the last one up, even though it was on the floor.

5. rtdgoldfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

The 2 hours of playtime was just in single player though. Hopefully the multiplayer will be much better. Planning on having another Wii party on Friday night. Get a bunch of drunk people together and play Wii Sports and WarioWare, I'll let you know how things turn out ;)

6. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I too am disappointed with WarioWare Smooth Moves....

It was fun for the first 3 hours but after I beat the game it just doesn't seem fun anymore....I was really looking forward to this game and it's completely let me down.

Don't get me wrong -- the first time you play it you'll have a blast (minus the occasional controlling bugs -- at least I encountered some)

I really hate to say it but I'm more or less disappointed in the Wii so far...True it's only been on the market for a couple of months but the only worthwhile game is Zelda (and I just don't care too much for that either)...

Basically I've paid $250 for virtual bowling and Super Mario Bros (NES) -- I know the Wii has amazing potential but right now the system isn't living up to the hype IMHO (and yes, I'm prepared to receive the flames for this... and I'm sorry)

7. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

No flames, but can anyone who likes the Wii comment on WarioWare? Amazon's taking its sweet time, which gives me time to cancel if people think it's crap. Wii vs. GC versions, which is better? (other than OP's comments) Etc.

8. Philgr macrumors regular

Pleased im not the only one to think that Smooth Moves is rubbish, as far as im concerned Smooth moves is nothing more that a collection of sub standard mini games, that you only get to play for 20secs each

I can just image how this game came about , "go away guys and think of how we(Wii) can use these controllers " guys come back with 200 mini demo games, none of them good enough base a full game on so the bundle them up and sell it as 'Smooth Moves'

Fingers crossed some better games come out soon for the Wii that make better use of the controllers,

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I love it. Fantastic pick up n play game. Many smiles from me whilst playing. I'd give it a solid 8 or 9 out of 10. Certainly something I'll be playing for years to come, alongside Smash Bros Melee.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I like it for 10 - 15 minute blasts.

That's pretty much how I played the other versions.

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

12. rtdgoldfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

A lot of the mini games are really cool but they all just seem like a tease of what is to (hopefully) come in the next year or so on the Wii. The Starfox mini-game was really cool, I also thought the swordfighting ones were good. Other than that, how many times can you hit someone on the head or balance a broom on your hand before it gets old?? Once you have mastered all the mini-games, this game basically becomes a waste of time. And since the mini-games are generally pretty easy, it doesn't take long at all.

The multiplayer was fun with 4 people but we didn't last long playing it. Ended up going back to Wii Sports after about 20 mins. Throwing the controller around got a little annoying especially after dropping $120 on extra remotes and nunchucks to play multiplayer and then not getting to use them on this game.

Basically, I wish I had just rented the game and not spent $50 on it. I guess I'll be waiting around for Mario Party 8 in March. That should end up being a great multiplayer game.

13. jdechko macrumors 68040

Excellent, then it will be perfect (the whole 10-15 min of game time). I love the whole mini/microgame concept. Especially when it's this easy to pick up and play. SMB:BB was one of the first Wii games I played, and both my wife and I loved it. Her words were "Yeah, I like it. The game does exactly what I want it to do." I can't wait for Mario Party to come out on the Wii.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep feel the same with SMB too. It, WiiSports & Wario are the main stay of my wii at the moment.

Mario Party hopefully will add to that. I personally find this type of game to be perfect for the wii; and its what I personally want out of the wii.

I hope the DS game 42 All Time Classics also comes to wii in some form also. :)

15. Gunhaver macrumors member

It pretty much has the same play time as most of the other WarioWares, except for Twisted, which was a masterpiece, it was a big mistake for them to give us that and then not bother to make another game that lives up to it, I mean not only did it have far more bonus games to collect, there were I-don't-know-how-many little "toys" for you to collect and play around with, that's what they managed to come up with just from a cartridge with a single accelerometer, who wouldn't have expected them to do at least 5x more with the wii remote and a disc media?

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I went to dinner at friends last night, who I converted at christmas to the wii - having spent all st.stephens day playing wii sports for hours.

They didnt go for wario.

Although they had seen the TV advert abd thought about going for it.

The cut scenes were too long, unskipable & juvenile, and the presentation as a whole completely turned them off. There opinions not mine - though I do wish the cut scenes were skippable too.

So we went back to playing wii sports.

17. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

I'm pretty disappointed with Smooth Moves too. There are basically two main issues that i'm having with it:

1.) WAAAY too easy. The original WarioWare had a good bit of challenge and took several tries to get past the levels. But in SM, its ridiculous. As most people here have mentioned, the game can be completed in under 2 hours. After that, there isn't a whole lot to do. The game needs to be made a LOT more difficult. I'm not talking frustratingly impossible, but a good challenge. Which leads me to point 2...

2.) Its not fast enough! The spirit of WarioWare has always been minigames being thrown at you at lighting speed, so that you barely have enough time to think or react. But because you are constantly changing grip positions in SM to accommodate the controller, it slows the game down and again, makes it way too easy.

I seriously hope the Wii doesn't turn into a system known for its shallow minigames and nothing else. Where are the meaty game announcements already?!

18. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

It took me and my family around 45 minutes to beat the last of the block stacking levels, and probably 20 minutes to beat the level before that. I'm *assuming* that you guys aren't including that in your "only 2 hours long" assessments...either that, or I'm incredibly slow.

19. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hah. Went down to a mates house today for a Wii Sports/Warioware-a-thon. I hadn't got this far into WW before, but yea! that Dog Taxi level was bloody fantastic. the game where you have to hit someone with a baseball bat had us crippled in laughter! Jolly funny stuff. An absolute party game.
    Still think that single player on your own is alright, but when somebody else is there it really goes up a gear or 2.

21. rtdgoldfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I completed a few of these. I might go back later and beat all of them, I dunno.

Exactly what I have told anyone who asks me about it. Even the multiplayer gets a bit old after a while.

Had a party on Friday night, we busted out WarioWare with 8 people. Tossed the remote around for about 30 mins and then decided we were having more fun watching two people at a time rocking out in Guitar Hero 2.

I do like the darts game though. :D

22. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I really don't think that WarioWare is best as a single player game, it seems more like something you'd play with friends or family. Buying the game and playing all by yourself, would be probably pretty easy and boring. But throw in a few beers and some friends, and you've got yourself a party.

I'm still loving my Wii, by the way. Can't wait for Wii Play.