Disappearing graphics/links in Safari...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macnvrbck, Jul 10, 2006.

1. macnvrbck macrumors regular

Anyone have disappearing web page graphics in Safari?

Load a webpage in from the bookmarks bar....
    Move the curser to the web browser....
    And as you roll over the pages graphics/links they disappear...

It happens with myspace alot. Maybe it's just myspace.. anyone?

B

2. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

no ive never had that happen to me. make sure sure that in preferences -> apperance the check box that says "display images when the page opens" is checked. Also, try Safari->Empty Cache. Maybe that will fix it. And if those dont work, there is always Firefox :)

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do the images eventually pop up? I say this because my home page has an image that changes when I run over it with my cursor and Safari doesn't download this image until I do this. Therefore the original image disappears for a little while as the page waits for the new image to be downloaded.

Also, FWIW quite a few people seem to have problems with Safari and Myspace. :(

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Which once again proves that Macs have good taste. ;)

5. riel505 macrumors member

riel505

i don't know about myspace but my safari too sometimes have problems like that. when it happens, i switch to firefox. now i don't notice when the images are not loading, cos i just switch between the two. it's my crazy form of laziness to know what's wrong. :(

6. macnvrbck thread starter macrumors regular

They disapper when I roll over the graphics and they do not come back until I reload the page. Happens most to the tops catagories in myspace.

B

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it's just in Myspace then I'd recommend trying a different browser but if it starts happening on other sites then give us a yell and we'll see what we can do about fixing it. I think this is probably just an intrinsic problem with Safari though. :(

8. gfa202 macrumors newbie

same problem

Hi everyone,

I was searching the internet for a resolution to the same problem. Our site (http://www.grandgood.com) experiences the same "disappearing links". Whether the links are text or images, the links disappear once the mouse hovers over them and if it's a list of links they actually move upward.

This is a very curious thing and I was able to double check on a few macs/safari. Any additional information is appreciated.

Thank you.

9. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I've seen this happen. It's only when some part of the pages code doesn't finish loading (might be mostly related to CSS?). The vanished items will appear correctly once the page is 100% loaded, or reloading fixes it.

10. aspro macrumors 6502

Yeah, thats what I was thinking as well, it only happens to me when the page isn't fully loaded.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

FWIW, my brief foray into MySpace has given me these issues, but resetting Safari from the Safari menu has fixed it up each time. :)