Disappearing Itunes store releases

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zooland, Aug 23, 2005.

1. zooland macrumors newbie

zooland

Today i planned to buy the latest Interpol, the fantastic 'Antics'. But I couln't, well, cause its gone. This happens often to me lately, things i see in Itunes and when i finally have some money, woops.... gone. I just wonder why???

I mean whats the idea behind this? They wanna sell or not? Is it Apple, or the big record studios? I am clueless.

I buy at the Dutch store but maybe its the same in others stores. Anyone?

:confused:

2. mackster17 macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem with the Shout out louds album. I put it in my shopping basket around June for later purchase and then went to buy it and it had gone completely from iTunes, I checked on their site and it had a uk release date for september but was already available in other countries.

This could be the reason for the disappearing interpol album, Is it released on CD there yet, if not then i presume they changed the release date so apple removed it.

I agree 'Antics' is a great album love 'evil' and 'slow hands'. Hope you get the album soon if I was you I would buy the CD.

3. zooland thread starter macrumors newbie

zooland

Release dates are not the issue. Interpol was/is released here months ago.

Anyway that was just an example (and by the way i bought the cd, almost as cheap). Other releases just vanish too, it's stupid. Its not that its out of stock is it??

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In the U.S. store, I see 13 "albums" by Interpol:

Antics (album): 10 tracks
    Turn On the Bright Lights (album): 11 tracks
    C'Mere (EP) - 3 tracks
    C'Mere (single) - 2 tracks
    Evil (EP) - 3 tracks
    Evil (single) - 2 tracks
    Obstale 1 (EP) - 3 tracks
    Slow Hands (EP) - 3 tracks
    Obstacle 1 (single, import) - 3 tracks
    Interlude (single) - 1 track
    Slow Hands (partial album) - 2 tracks
    Slow hands (single) - 2 tracks
    Slow hands (single) - 2 tracks

5. zooland thread starter macrumors newbie

zooland

I know, coz i checked. In the dutch store there is only one EP. Before there were at least the two albums and some EP/singles. Its crazy. :confused:

6. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

I noticed this happened with the Enya 50 (Best or something) Collection in the US store. It was the top-selling album in New Age for a while, then became "unavailable" in mid-July, and now isn't there at all.

7. mackster17 macrumors newbie

It would be impossible for it be out of stock!! It's just a digital file that can be downloaded unlimited times.

If it's not release dates then I don't know, perhaps a dispute with the record company? :confused:

8. zooland thread starter macrumors newbie

zooland

OF COURSE its not out of stock... duh, thats the point. I am just wondering why they would erase/block releases they solds for months? It must be the record company but why? I checked the US store and the 'Antic' album has some extra numbers (extra bucks too), so i could understand that they moved the original album till that one gets released here too (if). But why also the singles/Ep's. it doesn't make sense.

Anyone on other bands?

9. mackster17 macrumors newbie

Sorry didn't get that. :eek:

I haven't got a clue whats going on, perhaps e-mail apple and ask them?

10. zooland thread starter macrumors newbie

zooland

Maybe.

Since there are other things too.

Another example: Sonic Youth (the best band from the eighties!). iTunes says Albums 1-9 but it shows only 6.

And why are there so many duplicate albums, one 'released' in 2000, the other (same thumbnail, sometimes a tweak of different color) in 2002, but with the same numbers?

Is this common?

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This happened to me once, too. I think I have this straight:

Hypnotize, by Notorious BIG, was available as both clean and explicit versions, briefly, when it was added through the Bad Boy 10th Anniversary CD. I put the explicit in my cart but didn't buy it right away. When I went back to buy it, I couldn't, and only the Clean version was still in the store. :rolleyes:

EDIT: They have Life After Death in Explicit now, which has the song, but at that time, and for quite some time, they did not.

12. mackster17 macrumors newbie

I think the duplicate albums is usually due to different record labels releasing the same album, check to see if it is different record labels or perhaps a re-release of the album. Sometimes it's just a duplicate album though.

I checked for sonic youth on the U.K store and it says albums 1-12 but there are only 9??

There are a few mistakes on iTunes but i can live with it. :cool: