Disappearing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boymike135, Feb 19, 2006.

1. boymike135 macrumors newbie

Hi

To cut a long story short I have recently had to perform an erase and install on my ibook G4 (running Tiger 10.4.5). When it came from the factory it had Appleworks installed and now it doesn't.

I have tried to reinstall it from the start up disks but all I can find is an installation on Disk one for something called "Appleworks Languages".

Can any suggest where is has gone and if I can ever get it back?

Thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Use Pacifist to install Appleworks from the Restore CD/DVD. If you have a DVD no worries. If you have CDs it's probably on the second.

3. boymike135 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the speedy response but I note that Pacifist is a shareware and costs $20.

Is kinda resent paying for something that I already own. Is there any free way of getting it back?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It should install on a restore. You probably need to do a customised install and choose "Extra software" or something. I think you can use Pacifist for a one-off situation for free...

5. boymike135 thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks ... I've now managed to reinstall it.

Cheers.

6. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I've found it doesn't always, (I guess I don't check the settings before a reinstall, but even though I never do, sometimes it says Appleworks is reinstalling). Anyway, I would say that if you insert the Restore Disc 1, it should have an icon on the disc for reinstalling apps. If you select the ones you want, (deselecting ones you don't want or are already fine), you shouldn't even need pacifist.

Not sure what others think on this one.