Disappoined that Apple isn't honouring UK ship dates for mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by firestarter, Jan 28, 2005.

1. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Well, its now the 29th, and Apple still hasn't shipped my 'On or before
    28/01/2005' Mini and shuffle order (placed on Macworld SF day).

What's going on here? US shipments went out last week, and I'm paying 10% more for this machine...

Anyone in the UK had a shipment yet?

2. ender78 macrumors 6502

I can't speak for the UK but in Canada my Mini shipped on the 26th where the target date was the 28th. I know the the first shipping date for Apple stores outside the US seems to be conistent at the 28th.

3. Popstar macrumors newbie

I placed my order on the 12th from the Canadian store to ship "on or before 1/28". Well, 10:30pm I got an email from Apple:

Dear Apple Customer / Cher client Apple,

We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store. / Merci pour
    votre achat récent sur le Apple Store W########.

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following
    item(s) as follows / Dû à un délai non-anticipé, nous sommes forcés de
    reporter l'expédition de votre commande ainsi:

Z0B81LL/A, MAC MINI 1.42/512/80/COMBO-USA
    will now ship on or before / sera expédié au plus tard
    le 03/15/2005

A two week delay! Oh well, I figured it might slip a bit and... wait.. that's not a 2 its "03". That's *march*.

So much for buying my first ever Mac. *CANCEL*

Maybe i'll pick one up when I can just walk out of a shop with one. Maybe. There's no way i'll *ever* order from Apple online again unless it says "Ships immediately". (It actually stills say _ships 3-4 weeks_ on the mac mini page, I wonder if they'll update that?)

4. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Apple is notorious for being way too optimistic on it's shipping dates for new products - that's why there are so many threads on here saying iWhatever has shipped ;). If you go to an Apple Store they will probably have them and you can walk out with one but it will be stock - not BTO. Lot's of people don't buy from Apple online unless you qualify for the edu discount. Enjoy your mini when you get it.

5. Popstar macrumors newbie

I'd not be nearly as annoyed had it said "expected ship date: sometime in the misty future"

If they're not going to honour thier ship dates, why bother putting them there? Just to annoy people? If they're notorious for it you'd think they'd learn a lesson or two. As for going to an Apple Store... there are none in the whole of my country.

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

in my experience shipping from people like dell and hewlett packard have been MUCH worse.

my powerbook and ipod (both custom) arrived four days after ordering!

how's that for service??!

just hang in there, it'll be more than worth the wait!

7. Popstar macrumors newbie

And now I recieve an email that I can't cancel my order because its already been submitted to ship... bizarre. Left hand, meet right hand. Right hand, meet left. What ya doin'?

8. firestarter thread starter macrumors 603

firestarter

Just got my email from the Apple store - mine's been bounced to the 4th Feb from the 28th Jan.

Could be worse I suppose.

9. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Well I placed my order for a 1GB Shuffle by telephone to AppleStore Australia at 8am the day of the MWSF 12/1/05.

I have been told that I won't receive it until around, maybe sometimes on 24/2/05. :eek:

The reason they told me is because Apple USA limit the quantity shipped to other countries so that they can fulfill US orders. So it seems the rest of the world just has to wait.

10. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

As far as the shuffle goes, it really depends on when you ordered it, I don't think the UK has been singled out for bad shipping dates. As far as I can tell, anyone who didn't order it on the day it was announced has had their estimated shipping date pushed back.

Myself and a few other UK residents who ordered their 1 GB Shuffle on the day it was announced had a shipping date of on or before Jan 25. I'm happy to say that my order shipped early, and I was charging my newly arrived Shuffle on the day of the 25.

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Um... see my post above yours.

12. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Umm... yeah, I read your post. :rolleyes:

What I meant to suggest was perhaps that the situation is more accurately described as: "Because there were so many US orders (through the Apple US stores) iPod quantities available to other countries are limited".

Of course, that wouldn't really account for your order being delayed as much as it seems to have been, but this thread was initially about UK orders. I had my 1 GB Shuffle before many who ordered theirs in the US.

13. littlejim Guest

It's Sunday 30th Jan - I'm at Applestore Regent St. and there mini's and shuffles is stock ... I just bought a 1Gb.

Get on a tube .... quick.

14. firestarter thread starter macrumors 603

firestarter

Aaargh! Just got back home from visiting town - and I didn't think to call in.

If I wasn't waiting for a BTO unit, I'd be back down there!

Hopefully they'll make delivery on the 4th - I'm waiting for a 1G shuffle as well as the mini.

How do you like your shuffle?

15. littlejim Guest

It is superb. It is SO light and such good quality sound.

I was on the verge of buying a 1Gb memory stick from PCWorld just before Xmas for over £100 but held off to see if I could get a bargain in the sales.

Man was that a good decision!

Hope you get yours in the post very soon ...