Disc Burner and Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacSA, Oct 30, 2004.

1. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Will Tiger feature any changes or improvements to Disc Burner?

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i hope so but apparantly 10.3.6 will see improvements also! if you need something a bit more substancial try toast. that is a very good burning programme.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

What changes were you looking for? What things about Disk Utility are lacking? I don't mean that as "Disk Utility rules! It's perfect!" - I'm just curious about what you think the current problems are with it.

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

disc utility is nice, but for just drage and drop burning and easily being able to tell what you are burning (also without closing the disc) its not so user friendly, that si unless im missing something

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I guess I'm missing something. I can insert a blank CD/DVD, drag files onto the desktop icon it creates, open the icon to see what I've dragged onto it if I'd like, then eject it, which prompts me to burn it (or burn it, then eject it). I'd like better multi-session support, but I think using it now is trivially easy.

6. russed macrumors 68000

russed

its probably just me! i like toast anyway!

on another note. is there a way for a windoze box to see all the sessions on a multisession disc, not just the last session?

7. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

I agree with both of you... drag-n-drop burning is quite simple and allows just about anyone who can insert a cd or dvd to burn files to it with ease but I would like to see better finder support for burning when it comes to disk images - I don't see why I would need to launch disk utility and then select the Image Menu and select Burn... find the image in the next dialog box then be prompted to insert the disk and press yet another few buttons all to burn a disk image.

In the finder I should be able to ctl-click on a disk image file and simply choose 'burn image'.

Dave

8. MacSA thread starter macrumors 68000

MacSA

I was just wondering if Apple planned to make any improvements to Disc Burner in Tiger

9. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Toast always seemed faster to me than disk burner.

And last time (before I bought toast) I tried, disk burner didn't seem to support DVD (again, this was way back in OS 10.1 days).

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Perhaps what MacSA is asking is whether or not Tiger will be able to burn discs without copying the information first.

11. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

i want to see disk utility burn dual layer dvds i have to use toast

12. MacSA thread starter macrumors 68000

MacSA

I don't have a Mac yet lol ;)