Disc stuck AND screen blank - need help quick if possible

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by annk, Jan 5, 2007.

1. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

A friend of mine is on her way to work with her iBook. It's got a CD stuck in the drive. Before she turned it off (forced it by the button), she says the disc first wouldn't show up at all - she heard the drive spinning, trying to read it - and then the screen went blank.

I've told her about holding down the mouse button/F12/eject button while starting it up again, but I wonder about the fact that the screen went blank.

If anyone reads this in the next 10 minutes or so and knows if I've given her the right advice, let me know.

Thank you in advance!

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Uh, the mouse thing's always worked for me. What kind of disc is it? Is it a system one it might be reading from?

Sorry, I don't know. Just thought you'd like to know the mouse thing usually works!

3. annk thread starter Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It's a homemade disc with pictures, I believe - maybe some text. Not completely sure, this is the impression I got. I do know it wasn't a system disc of any kind, she would've mentioned that.

I think the mouse trick will work, too, I just wanted to check with you all because the blank screen got me thinking there might be more going on here than I'm qualified to help her with.

Edit: The mouse trick worked. :)