Discoloration (how long to fix)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Shazkar, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Shazkar macrumors newbie

Simple question: How long does Apple usually take to fix the discoloration prob on a MacBook when you bring it in?

2. uchuff macrumors member

On the phone initially I was told 4-5 days, when I decided to ship it back in a box instead they said "7-10 working days but it should be much quicker than that", shipped it Friday, confirmation email this morning that they have received it.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

my box is coming tomorrow. on the phone they said at most a week, but usually quicker than that.

keep in mind that on business days, everything is overnighted, so shipping doesn't take forever or tack on a bunch of time to the overall repair.

4. icec0ld macrumors member

all this talk about the discoloration makes me wonder whether or not i should switch from the ibook to the new macbooks... :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i certainly would. the discoloration is recognized and being fixed by Apple (later models don't even have this, from what I've read). And the performance gain from an iBook to a MB is HUGE.. by far outweighs this discoloration problem..

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

My thoughts exactly!

7. WabeWalker macrumors member

Has the discoloration issue been resolved?

When did this happen?

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Apple says it is. Mine is a week 26 and has the discoloration, but is supposedly one of the last batches.