disconnecting from network

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by imamose, Feb 19, 2004.

1. imamose macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2004
    Most everyone has trouble connecting to the network. I can't seem to disconnect! I have a basic wireless set up connecting my XP machine to my G4 Mac running Panther. I can connect but then when i am done, I don't know how to disconnect. I keep getting little pop up boxes that says I have been disconnected from such n such. Ususally it disconnects me one folder at a time and the pop ups get annoying.

Also, I am very new to Mac and I read that a keychain is a way to keep track of passwords? (The explanation was a little more advanced in the help files.) Does it securely keep track of usernames and passwords for websites or it is specifically relating to the network?

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. imamose thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2004
    Geez. Never mind. Just figured it out. You drag your connection from the desktop to the trash can to disconnect.

Thanks anyway.
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    or you can open finder and click the disconnect icon
    or you can ctrl+click or right click if you have 2 button mouse, and click eject..
  4. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    hey i was having the exact same problem today... actually it was my PC using brother trying to use my Mac and get it to work with his XP machine.

he he. he's probably going to flip out when i tell him how to disconnect! :D