Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Well, it looks like your friend is leading the pack with an average vote of 6.9.

I didn't give any of them a vote higher than five, aside from your friend which I gave a 7 simply because you swayed my vote by your request. ;)

I thought they all looked awful. :p

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Funny. The only one I gave a good grade (an 8, all the others got mostly 1's but one 2 and one 3 (to the Autolux, actually)), was the first one... which is the one with the worst average of them all...

Picture 1.jpg

But that was the only one I thought would have a realistic chance of ever getting built, and the only one I would even consider buying...

Poseidon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2007
Coralville, IA
Well, it looks like your friend is leading the pack with an average vote of 6.9.

I didn't give any of them a vote higher than five, aside from your friend which I gave a 7 simply because you swayed my vote by your request. ;)

I thought they all looked awful. :p

They are all terribly awful.

I guess I'll be driving a 1998 Honda in the future. :p

Damnnnn. Harsh critics.

I did end up voting the highest for the last one, but I actually thought it was the best of the bunch. I liked the sleek lines and sporty, somewhat futuristic styling and some of the other ones were pretty bad - like the mutant VW bug and "Urban Warrior."

RichP

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
I have actually seen them all in person; you cant tell in that little picture, but the Autolux actually has a curved wood top panel..interesting surface treatment.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I don't like that there seems to be no way to see the designs again except to go back and revote.

I'm curious as to why so few of the cars seemed concerned with visibility and practical use of interior space (not that we could see inside, but we could infer things from external shapes). I think one can design an appealing car that's also practical.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I don't like that there seems to be no way to see the designs again except to go back and revote.

I'm curious as to why so few of the cars seemed concerned with visibility and practical use of interior space (not that we could see inside, but we could infer things from external shapes). I think one can design an appealing car that's also practical.

Yeh some are missing wing mirrors JSW ;)

To be honest I thought the OPs mates car was the most practical looking so i gave it a 7 all the others i gave lower marks.

BarryW

macrumors member
Driverless kids car - I like it, but why remove the driver.

Cocoon - Umm No.

Urban Escape Vehicle - As a beach buggy it would be nice, however extra ground clearance would be better. The rounded part in the middle of the vehicle would cause the vehicle to become trapped on a mound(proper term has escaped me)

Firebird IV- aerodynamics, what aerodynamics and the visibility out of the cabin seems to be lacking.

GM Symetry- It looks as if its backwards. The driver would also sit pretty far back.

Tech-i-tonomy- Whats with the name. Not sure how well its cornering ability would be.

Autolux- Looks like the most driver friendly vehicle, side windows should be made large to aid driver and passenger visibility. I like the one piece windshield sun roof combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.