Discs won't import

Discussion in 'iPod' started by macaddictann, Mar 12, 2007.

1. macaddictann macrumors member

I'm trying to import CDs, and iTunes just sits there forever. If I try to do something, it hangs. I updated the software and trashed all my preferences, and after that, I was able to import one of the CDs, but the others just won't.

These CDs are from Japan and cost me a pretty penny. I've gotten CDs like this before--one is just a different version of an album I have and imported some time ago. But now, nothing. I tried importing with different encoding types, and that didn't work. I've got to get these albums on here. Grrr.

Any ideas? Thanks.

iTunes: 7.1
    550 MHz Powerbook

2. Yoursh macrumors 6502

I've had the same problem with Japanese cd's back on my old ibook(last version). I was able to narrow the problem down to the optical drive. The laptop drives Apple uses seem to be picky when it comes to Japanese cd's. I found it was hit and miss with most Japanese discs. Some would import find, others would crash itunes every time. In the end, I used an external Sony drive to import any foreign cd's.

I found this same problem with several pc drives and car decks. I have a few disc's that simply won't play in my car. I had to make copies to play in the car.

The only fix I can recommend is to use an external drive to do the importing. As I said, I haven't had a problem using Sony ones.