Discs won't import

Discussion in 'iPod' started by macaddictann, Mar 12, 2007.

1. macaddictann macrumors member

Sep 23, 2004
    I'm trying to import CDs, and iTunes just sits there forever. If I try to do something, it hangs. I updated the software and trashed all my preferences, and after that, I was able to import one of the CDs, but the others just won't.

These CDs are from Japan and cost me a pretty penny. I've gotten CDs like this before--one is just a different version of an album I have and imported some time ago. But now, nothing. I tried importing with different encoding types, and that didn't work. I've got to get these albums on here. Grrr.

Any ideas? Thanks.

iTunes: 7.1
    550 MHz Powerbook
  2. Yoursh macrumors 6502

May 28, 2006
    I've had the same problem with Japanese cd's back on my old ibook(last version). I was able to narrow the problem down to the optical drive. The laptop drives Apple uses seem to be picky when it comes to Japanese cd's. I found it was hit and miss with most Japanese discs. Some would import find, others would crash itunes every time. In the end, I used an external Sony drive to import any foreign cd's.

I found this same problem with several pc drives and car decks. I have a few disc's that simply won't play in my car. I had to make copies to play in the car.

The only fix I can recommend is to use an external drive to do the importing. As I said, I haven't had a problem using Sony ones.