Disk Burner problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mmmdreg, Jul 27, 2002.

1. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Using diskburner through the finder, I go to "burn" and it "prepares" all the data, then I get an error code "6" and it says there was a verification error...This is before it actually starts writing to the cd...anyone?

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I used to have the same error, so I gave up and tried burning a music cd and it worked. Can you burn a audio cd (not mp3)?

3. spinner macrumors regular

Burning Issues

I have an external QPS firewire drive. Supposedly its supported but disc burner never gets past the "preparing" for me. I have tried using iTunes same error. Purchased Toast Titanium and the same thing. Boot into OS 9 and everything works fine, disc burner and toast both. So its obviously not a malfuctioning burner issue. :(

4. mmcneil macrumors regular

new burner software

There is a new update for burning that may help. I had similar problems with an MCE expansion bay CDRW and it has turned out to be a hardware failure after several attempts to fix with new drivers, etc.

5. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

i can burn cds from iTunes fine...its just data cds from the finder...I got toast and used it and it worked..However, the cd I was originally using didn't work in toast so either it was faulty or the "preparing" stage wrecked it for further use...

6. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Make sure you're not trying to burn onto a CDDA-R, as opposed to a regular CD-R or a CDDD-R. The first will only let you burn audio discs (DA=Digital Audio), the second will let you butrn anything, and the last will only let you burn data (DD=Digital Data).