Disk Copy will not launch?...please help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by 8thDegreeSavage, Oct 1, 2002.

1. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

When i try to mount images on my desktop using my OS(Disk Copy) it goes to launch(i see it come up in the dock) then it fails and the dock icon shrinks away....it displays no error it just will not launch!.....can anyone help me 0ut?

I have been having to use Toast to mount all of my images as of late and sometimes its a pain in the ass.

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

What else do U have running?

The only times I've seen that happen is when I was out of free RAM so there wasn't enough to boot another program.:eek:

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

ram should not be an issue with osx. you can try deleting the diskcopy prefs, or trashing all diskcopy files on your computer (use the locate command in the terminal, or Locator on vt) and using something like Pacifist (also available on vt) to extract diskcopy from your osx install cd. other than that, you may try restarting your computer ( i know some people leave their osx machines on all the time, i would try putting mine to sleep at night, which i can't do anymore due to maxtor's beeping sleep problem) back when i tried to just put my computer to sleep at night, it would often have problems when it awoke the next day, like apps not launching and a restart cured all of these problems (as it does with 90% of all computer problems :D ).

edit: is this caused by a particular disk image, or will diskcopy not even launch when you double click the diskcopy icon?

4. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

When I say "Out of RAM":

I mean I have a GIG and I literally have it all allocated (yes, in OS X.2) to running apps..... which means (thanx to OS X and proteced memory) that the next App I try to open WON'T.

In terms of a restart... Yes that solves MOST issues. You can expand that a bit if you do a COLD restart (IE actually "shut down" and re-boot) because there are a certain number of things that do not actually get cleared until the machine actually goes all the way off.

5. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

I have restarted a few times already and no luck...i have also zapped the PRAM for the hell of it also...also no luck. Dunno what it could be.