Disk copying

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by uhlawboi80, Oct 14, 2002.

1. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

ok, i am trying to copy a CD...a process i normally have no problem with, but this particular cd has files on the CD with mpegs and set to act like a VCD with the last 3 "Tracks" being remixed music for a normal cd player. for some reason it doesnt want to copy...i tried creating an image of the disk but it wont let me...

its actually the VCD/remixes that came with the special australian version of Kylies light years CD.

i am figureing this is alot easier than i am finding, but the help wasnt helping and it just wont let me make an image of the CD sooo, im lost

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Disk copying

Are you using Toast. You should just be able to go to disc copy in toast and copy it.

3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Disk copying

You must be using OS X. Sorry, but OS X's Disc Copy has the new built-in ability to automatically detect crap music and refuse to burn it. :D

4. uhlawboi80 thread starter macrumors 6502

mac bandit: nope, not using toast, trying to use OSX's CD copy utility, may have to try somethin else

alex_ant: THANX! you are totally unhelpful. if you didnt wanna help, go away

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Just ignore Alex he spams away in the interest of high posting numbers.

I don't believe that you can do what you want with DiscCopy. It's functionality is rather limited when it comes to copying cds.

6. uhlawboi80 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, seems that way...since i have no desire to go drop 90$ on Toast (hi, im a poor law student) so i guess i will try to find a free/real cheap utility or just say screw it and go *gasp* copy it on the ole PC..where i HAVE a free utility:p

7. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Unfortunately those are your choices. Though I do believe there are several specials going on for toast right now that brings the price down to $50-60.

8. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Now that is totally untrue! I spam away for the sheer fun of it, not out of any kind of desire to achieve a high post count.

9. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Sorry I just assumed that you had a goal in mind.