Disk Doctor has no disks

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mmmdreg, Oct 8, 2002.

1. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I installed norton systemworks and updated it to the latest version but Disk Doctor doesn't have any disks it can scan...the place where they should appear is blank...I haven't tried doing it off the cd but I was just seeing if it would work and all so...whys this happening?

2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

maybe it's really strict about not scanning the startup disk?

3. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

well I got three partitions so only one should appear as a startup disk shouldnt it?

4. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

another problem is trying to run the latest virus updates...it claims that theres no permission to create some folder of sorts...

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'd recomend booting from the system works CD and running disk doctor from there, that way all disks should be accessable as none (appart from your CD) will be boot disks.

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I just sold my SystemWorks 2.0 on eBay because of the lack of compatibility with OSX. I was really dissapointed after spending $80 on it. To bad that today after selling it I just read in the beggining of the book that if you are unsatisfied in anyway in the first 60 days you can return it full a full refund to Symantec or any authorized dealer. Oh well all in all I only lost $10 on it. Though that is $10 too much for the piece of junk that it is. I'm going to use some of the money I got from it though to donate here at MacRumors.