Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
I,m finding that larger .dmg files that I've downloaded aren't mounting either when I double click their icon, or when I try to open them with disc utility. The blue progress bar goes most of the way, and then it says they can't mount due to ' invalid checksum ' - whatever that may be! :confused: Can anyone explain it too me?

Any thoughts as to what the problem is, and how to fix it. VERY occasionally they will mount - but in a blue moon

cheers

:)

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
jbrown said:
I,m finding that larger .dmg files that I've downloaded aren't mounting either when I double click their icon, or when I try to open them with disc utility. The blue progress bar goes most of the way, and then it says they can't mount due to ' invalid checksum ' - whatever that may be! :confused: Can anyone explain it too me?

Any thoughts as to what the problem is, and how to fix it. VERY occasionally they will mount - but in a blue moon

cheers

:)

that means the file is corrupt.. i am not sure if there is a utlity to fix it. hopefull someone fill post or you can google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.