Disk Permissions keep changing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by svcghost, Apr 13, 2011.

1. macrumors member

The permissions in and around this directory:
    "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

keep changing. I have run disk permission repair 3 times in past 3 days and they keep coming up.

ANy idea why? Is this a problem? Could it be affecting my MBP performance, because I have been noticing a few issues.

2. macrumors 603

The java framework shouldn't be affecting the performance of your mac.

3. macrumors G5

gnasher729

Hint: If you don't run "disk permission repair" and forget about it, you safe time, your Mac will run just as fine, and you will feel a lot better. You might post whatever real issues you have instead.

4. svcghost, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011

thread starter macrumors member

Hard to follow what you're trying to say.. but, Mr. Know-it-all, the other day I had a CRAP load of incorrect permissions on a bunch of files, then I repaired them and my computer was running a lot better. They were causing problems before. So I guess you're not right this time.

Okay thank you. I was also curious as to why the permissions kept changing though. Any idea?

5. macrumors 68040

calderone

This is what I like to call, B.S.

Explain why repairing permissions would cause your machine to run better. I look forward to your reply.

6. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Displaying that attitude toward those that take the time to respond to your thread isn't going to motivate others to respond when you need help.

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

7. svcghost, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011

thread starter macrumors member

Idk you tell me. All I know is my computer was running slow and faulty (spinning wheels here and there, blank dropdown menus in the OS, and other stuff). Then I ran repair disk permissions and voila.

Why would I be nice to a smart-alic comment like the one he made to me???? I always respect a person's answers if they are actually trying to help.

P.S. Thank you for that link.