Disk Utility never fixes all

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cawesjmu, Jun 23, 2004.

1. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

Hi, i usually run disk utility quite frequently. As in 3 times a week or so which i know probably isn't neccesary.... And it's usually clean, but i think since updating to 10.3.4 i always get an output saying:

"We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util. New permissions are 33261 The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume"

I get this every time. I tried to look up these files but cannot find them. I assume they are invisible, or hidden. Should i be worried about this? Is there anyway i can fix it? Thanks.

2. aStabell macrumors member

aStabell

the reason you cannot find these files is because they are hidden. You can download Tinkertool from versiontracker to make them visible. As for them always being repaired, I don't know but I'm shure it is nothing major considering the size of the files (only about 140KB)

3. cawesjmu thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks

thanks, sorry about making a new thread on the same topic. i guess i didn't search through previous threads hard enough.

4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Probably safe to ignore.

I wouldn't stress over running utilities too often. After a while you'll get upset when they don't find problems. Just relax and use your computer.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Looks to be the ISO9660 files system. Hmmmm, prefs have been a problem since 10.3.0.

6. Riot_Mac macrumors regular

i have the same thing happen to me... i dont know why

7. ZaniCWB macrumors member

ZaniCWB