Disk Warrior 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lincoln 6 Echo, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

Just wondering if anyone's given the new DW4 a try yet. I had 303 and it was miraculous. I wish it still worked with Intel Macs. DW4 is supposed to since it's now Universal Binary.

So any thoughts on DW4?

2. himansk macrumors regular

Well today morning I connected my external USB to SATA external drive (enclosure + 80GB 2.5" HDD) and an alert came up saying that the disk was uninitialized. I tried the Disk utility and it gave me an error that the underlying process failed to repair. Since i had lots of data(costly but not so important) on the disk, I decided to look for recovery software first. The trial for Data Rescue II worked out, but I didnt want to buy it just for one time recovery. Instead I went with Disk Warrior 4, and it worked like a charm. My drive is back to normal after the repair process lasting only a few minutes compared to an hour for data rescue's analysis for recovery (actual recovery would have taken another hour or so). I am happy with disk warrior especially since it is now UB.