Disk Warrior 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lincoln 6 Echo, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

Nov 29, 2005
    Just wondering if anyone's given the new DW4 a try yet. I had 303 and it was miraculous. I wish it still worked with Intel Macs. DW4 is supposed to since it's now Universal Binary.

So any thoughts on DW4?
  2. himansk macrumors regular

Oct 16, 2006

Well today morning I connected my external USB to SATA external drive (enclosure + 80GB 2.5" HDD) and an alert came up saying that the disk was uninitialized. I tried the Disk utility and it gave me an error that the underlying process failed to repair. Since i had lots of data(costly but not so important) on the disk, I decided to look for recovery software first. The trial for Data Rescue II worked out, but I didnt want to buy it just for one time recovery. Instead I went with Disk Warrior 4, and it worked like a charm. My drive is back to normal after the repair process lasting only a few minutes compared to an hour for data rescue's analysis for recovery (actual recovery would have taken another hour or so). I am happy with disk warrior especially since it is now UB.