disk warrior help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Nov 25, 2004.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    I got disk warrior and this is my first mac... I want to defrag or "rebuild" however it tells me it cant because

1. this is my start up disk
    2. disk warrior resides on this disk

so how can i change that when i have 1 hard drive in my iBook?

2. the Natetrix macrumors member

Nov 25, 2003
    If memory serves, Disk Warrior can act like a boot CD so you would want to have the computer start up from the CD not your hard drive, you can do this in two ways:

1) If you are already logged in and running your computer and the CD is in the trey, go to System Preferences (you can find it by clicking on the Blue Apple icon on the top left). Then click on the option called Startup Disk

You should see at least two icons one is your Hard Drive and the other should be the disk warrior CD, highlight the CD and press the Save and Restart button.
    The computer will restart launching from your DW CD.

2) If you have the CD in the trey but the computer is off, hit the power on and hold the OPTION key down. The screen will turn blue and you can choose between starting up from your HardDrive or from the DW CD. Highlight the CD and hit the Arrow pointing to the right.

This should solve your problem. To get back to your regular user experience ;) restart the computer by quitting out of disk warrior and hold the option key again and select your harddrive this time.

Hope this helps
  3. weev macrumors regular

Jan 21, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    ... or you can put the CD in and then restart.

Hold down the C key and the computer will boot up from the os on the disk.

4. the Natetrix macrumors member

Nov 25, 2003
    well pssh yeah of course if she wants to do it the easy way... ;)

.o0{right right the C key... always forget about the c key...}