Disney Launches Sandbox Creation Game 'Disney Infinity: Toy Box" for iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 19, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Disney has launched Disney Infinity: Toy Box for the iPad, a sandbox world creation game that acts as a companion to the recently released Disney Infinity title on gaming consoles, with content on both games enabled for platform transferring. The app includes over 50 free items for world creation, as well as multi-touch optimized controls and special toys that change various attributes in created worlds.
    Disney has released numerous titles for iOS devices over the past few weeks, including the free-to-play Where's My Water? 2, a companion iPad app for "The Little Mermaid: Second Screen Live, and Disney Animated, an app that covers the history of all 53 Disney Films. The company also honored the late Steve Jobs with a Disney Legends Award at the 2013 D23 Expo this past August.

Disney Infinity: Toy Box is a free download for the iPad from now through October 15th. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Disney Launches Sandbox Creation Game 'Disney Infinity: Toy Box" for iPad
  2. macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2007
    I would pay $0.99 for 'Disney: Infinity Blade' if it meant I could finally put a sword through Gaston, that blowhard. (?)
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2009
    Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    The first one's free, as they say. EVIL EVIL IAP.
  4. macrumors member

Aug 25, 2013
    Yet people complain about paid apps. There's no pleasing people, is there?
  5. JAT
    macrumors 603

Dec 31, 2001
    Mpls, MN
    The question is, is it better than SimCity 5?
  6. macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2003
    My five year-old is already addicted. :) This is a lot better than shelling out $75 plus figures for the console version (for his speed.)
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2010
    Very interested in seeing how this interfaces with the console version. This is the first game my daughter has really enjoyed on a console, but the toy box is a bit too difficult for her to fully comprehend. At a quick glance, it seems this app will help with that.
  8. macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    Well, I already have the console game and the figures, so no in-app purchases for me.:p

Not that it matters since I don't have an iPad anyway.
  9. macrumors G3

Aug 24, 2009
    Ughh. Can't they just release a paid version with everything? In app purchases are the cancer of the software world.