Disney to Join with Microsoft

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ThomasJefferson, Feb 8, 2004.

1. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

FLASH: Disney hooks up with Microsoft; expected to announce multiyear deal Monday aimed at making digital entertainment 'more secure and widely available'... Developing...

Is this pathetic or what? MS's soul is an empty husk, without heart and passion. Is there no limit to how far Eisner will crawl to hang on to his position as CEO?

Poor Mickey.

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, scary stuff - you have a link for this?

D

4. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Seriously. One money-hungry mega-corporation trying to leech off of another's bank account.

MS has been pretty evil for a while, but Disney seeems to be sinking to their level at an alarming rate. I remember when they were just a family-entertainment company with nice theme-parks and a will to bring joy to people all over.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

5. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

That's about when Disney was successful and not on a downward spiral, either. I think we can thank Michael Eisner: he cannot get along with anyone, be it Roy Disney, Steve Jobs, or...who...

6. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Probably just DRM. Gotta have Disney flicks for those portable media centers.

7. ltgator333 macrumors member

wow...

yeah I bet the villans in disney movies will now use Linux on their computers.. 'See children, this is why you use Windows not anything else!'

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: wow...

More of the McLifeTime consumer type deal made famous by appealing to the little bastards with clowns and toys.

Of course we all know how that turned out as the McKiddies grew up to be McFatties.

I can see MS making a push to make themselves their own cadre of lifetime consumers through family friendly Disney.

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i'm with anderson... link anyone? i can't find this anywhere...

10. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

[voice of Mickey]Remember kids, it's okay to lie, cheat, steal, and bury your competition. Now drink up your $5 Coke and hand over the deed to your soul over to our uncle, Bill, and let's all take a ride on It's a Small World![/voice of Mickey]

11. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Well it's not hard to see why they didn't turn to Apple for this sort of thing :D Good riddance, problem is it will fuel WMV, although Disney is fast falling from being a force to be reckoned with.

Do you reckon Apple would ever start up a movie store? You could be sure it would have exclusive downloads of Pixar movies.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

One thing for sure Microsoft's Windows Player could never compete with the quality of QuickTime.

Disney may not be a concern, but Microsoft if a threat. When it come to downloading movies or music will the public want difficult or easy. Apple equals intuitive.