Disney To Lease Content for Video iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by the_mole1314, Jul 19, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    With Disney it would probably be the TV side of things.

Imagine setting up feeds of what ever shows they have on the Disney Channel as a podcast with a monthly subscription fee, either that or you go heavy on advertisements. If you are expection to see snow white on your ipod look for fees of $20.

Though that would tie in well with the car holder.

Imagine how many movies you could fit on a 60 G or 80G ipod stored in h264 format.

It could replace the in car dvd player if you could feed into the tv screens.

Then there would be downloads from a Tivo...

It could be seriously sweet.

3. macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

OK, UK users, Shoot me. I just saw MongoTheGeek's signature and thought... Richard & Judy VideoPodCasts :D... wow, watch that AMAZING show on the way to work :p. hehe.

4. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Perhaps the Apple/Disney meetings were only about this, arranging for Radio Disney songs to be included in the iTMS.

5. macrumors 65816

treblah

I know this may be a little unethical business wise but couldn't Jobs just say to Disney: "You want to keep distributing Pixar, right?" It's a win win. Disney makes revenue off of sales through the iTunes/Video/Media Store and Steve agrees to their distribution of Pixar films. And I am sure he would also try to lock up some sort of exclusivity to keep out MS/Netflix/ect.

On the other hand, distribution rights for Pixar films would make a good bargaining chip to the scads of other companies with large back catalogs too.
    Or maybe I am being a little optimistic. ;)