Disowning Conservative Politics proves costly...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by xsedrinam, Jul 29, 2006.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

...for an evangelical pastor in MN as some 1000 members walked out in reaction to his message that "America is not the light of the world" and spoke against "moralizing" and "pro-war" politics in the name of Christianity. Could there be a light at the end of the funnel for evangelical liberals?

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

The headline is pretty misleading. Even though the church lost 1,000 members, it has gained a lot of new ones, especially minorities. What this means is right wing churches will become more so and the middle and the left will be stronger without the right wing dissent. If anything, the moderate believers are gaining strength while the extremists on the right are bickering about what is "owed" to them by the politicians who have pandered to them.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

As if current neocons are actually conservative or Christian. Anything but really. I don't like mixing religion and politics anymore than you have to, but I guess since he was speaking against such things, might be a different circumstance. Good on him. They should have stayed to listen the rest. Might have learned something.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Excuse me. Everything you need to know, the answer to every moral issue in the universe, is clearly stated in The Book. :rolleyes:

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Which part? And which translation? Personally, I prefer the Jefferson Bible. ;) Especially the middle part.

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Don't worry, there's enough translations going around to support just about any belief one wants to follow.