Dispaly Opinions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wrxguy, Jul 31, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

What is the best lcd display for the cash? I really really dig the ACD cause, well come on, they are beautiful...the new ones and the old ones...But i have also noticed many people using Dell Displays...can i get some opinions on some good ones?

what about this one??

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I have this monitor. Besides being ugly and that it is Dell, it's quite a nice display.

3. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I have a Dell 2005FPW that I absolutely adore. I wish I could justify buying two for work, since the dual 21" CRTs are starting to piss me off.

4. freiheit macrumors 6502a

I"m really quite fond of both my Samsung 712N displays. They're only VGA (not DVI) but I notice no ghosting while watching DVDs or playing the few simple games I enjoy. And for 17" LCDs they're about the best deal you can find now (since they're I think 12ms and 8ms is all the rage these days).

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i just recently got a dell 24" for $779 including 3years warranty. it's a great monitor. very bright white, good contrast, even brightness, works landscape and portrait mode. i like the multiple inputs and the usb hub. i really like it. i talk only about the negatives, the rest is really really good.

1.) it's ugly
    2.) it's a dell
    3.) it's 94dpi. i like larger pixels, other people insist on 100dpi
    4.) the colors are very bright. thats great for home use. if you do professional image work on it you probably need to calibrate it. but in another thread somebody said it's not to calibrate perfectly. i guess dell made this monitor look appealing to home users. for pro users this might be a problem.
    5.) it has no fire wire ports
    6.) it's black
    7.) it's a dell (i'm joking here. their computers are crap, their monitors are good)

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I have a Samsung 715V ($238 from MacConnection). It's a 17" LCD. 25ms (hence the cheap price), but I have NEVER seen ghosting playing Racer or movies. Picture quality is great.

7. MacHarne macrumors 6502

The Dell displays are very nice. My father purchased a 19" UltraSharp last week for his PC; arrived in two days; looks fantastic. He is not much of a heavy user and certainly never watches movies on the PC, so I recommended he just get the 19" since it is the standard viewing ratio. Most people prefer the widescreen, though, because they are great for all-around activities and delightfully double as a movie screen.

8. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

*whispers*

I love my Dell 2005FPW. Would get another if I had enough desk space.

Definitely most bang for the buck, and keep your eyes out for awesome coupons for the Dell store. This monitor can regularly be had for less than $400